I have wanted to be a cheerleader since I was in my teens and went to live in Florida for a year and saw the cheerleaders, the basketball team and the football team up close. Alas, I’ve never been a great dancer, definitely can’t do the splits and if I attempted to balance in a human pyramid I’d either break my back or someone else’s. However, the Bournemouth Summer Ball this year offered the perfect opportunity for me to dress up as a cheerleader and have a fantastic day with great company and music (and I didn’t have to do the splits once)!
- Rimmel London stay matte primer
- JG contour guide (to see the foundation, contour kit and powder I used)
- Kiko eyeshadow in INFINITY 212
- Rimmel London scandal eyes gel eyeliner in black 001
- Max Factor excess volume extreme impact mascara in black
- Dark brown pencil for eyebrows
- GOSH lipstick in Burgundy 154
- Rimmel London exaggerate full lip liner in Red Diva 024
- Eyelure Girls Aloud false eyelashes – Kimberley
- Cheerleader fancy dress costume and pom poms from eBay
- Over the knee socks with bows from eBay
Apply the primer, I have to say the Rimmel London stay matte primer was one of the best I’ve used in a while. I wore it on a hot summer’s day and my face stayed matte all day! Next follow my JG contour guide to even out your skin tone and highlight your face or apply your foundation as usual.
Then, apply the Kimberly false eyelashes. I absolutely loved these, they gave my eyes volume without looking fake. I used the glue that came in the eyelure kit and was pleased when it lasted all day.
Whilst waiting for the eyelash glue to dry do your eyebrows, I used a dark brown pencil that I got from a London black hair and beauty shop. Line your lips with the red diva liner and then apply the GOSH lipstick (some people prefer to lipstick before liner but I’m a liner before lipstick kinda girl).
Next, apply an amber or gold coloured powder all over your eyelids (I used Elite Paris iridescent loose powder in shiny amber but I’m not sure where it came from) and then use the darker Kiko eyeshadow to contour your lids. Apply a little underneath your bottom lashes to make them look thicker. Use the Rimmel gel eyeliner to line your top lashes, adding a little flick if you want as well to give yourself a winged look.
Lastly, apply a little mascara to your bottom lashes, you don’t really need the mascara that I used – I only used the first step of the two-step process anyway.
Last step, get dressed and haAAve F-U-N (said in my best cheerleader chant)!