I am so into honey blonde hair, it’s perfect for summer and warms up any skin tone. Last week I installed a gorgeous two part vixen sew in weave which is a great protective hairstyle whilst also being versatile. This week I’m going to show you how I achieved the honey blonde colour. Take a look at ‘How to get my honey blonde vixen hair: part one’ to find out how I put the vixen sew-in in.
Honey Blonde colour: Hair ingredients
- Ombre Malaysian body wave hair extensions in 14″, 16″, and 18″ (3 bundles) from Weaveland*
- L’Oreal Recital Preference Florida Honey Blonde 7.3 (available in Boots or any good drug store)
How to guide
ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS do a strand test on your hair and a patch test on your skin, trust me you do not want to have an allergic reaction to hair dye. The picture below shows the strand test that I did. The second strand of hair shows what it looks like after I left it on for the recommended time of 30 minutes, as you can see it almost looks brown and in the light it had weird red tones. The first strand of hair was after I left it on for five minutes and was the exact shade I wanted.
Because I decided to dye the hair after I had installed the vixen sew in, I had to tie my leave-out out of the way.
Mix the dye as instructed in the packet and then start applying it to the back of your hair first only covering the blonde parts of the extensions. You’ll want to do this to keep the hair out of your eyes and also so that you can control exactly how long the dye stays on. I left it on for five minutes exactly in the back and then washed it out.
Next you’ll want to dye the front of your hair and leave it on again for five minutes.
Wash it all out and apply the conditioner that comes in the box. Leave it on for a few minutes, wash it off and then blow-dry your hair. I blowdried mine until it was a tiny bit damp and then left it to finish air drying after spraying a bit of argon oil in it.
Et Voila the colour is complete.
Styling the hair extensions
I took about three inches of hair in the back by literally just bringing the hair forward and cutting it. Then I got my sister to even it out for me. I absolutely love the finished result, it’s still got a lot of length yet also feels and looks thicker.
Weaveland Malaysian body wave hair review
If you are thinking about investing in hair extensions whether it’s clips in or hair on the weft I would definitely recommend Weaveland Marketplace. There is a fantastic range of hair for no matter what mood you are in. I cannot wait to try out another look from them.
- The hair is so thick and ridiculously soft even after dyeing it.
- Hair lengths were accurate.
- NO SHEDDING!
- The waves look amazing and it doesn’t go frizzy. Sometimes I plait my hair at night, other times I put it in a ponytail – either way the waves look great in the morning.
- It blends SO WELL with my relaxed hair – I’ve got quite a bit of leave out with this vixen part and you would never know.
- The hair looks healthy without that synthetic shine that some hair extensions have.
- The colour was a little lighter than expected but on the plus side it made it easier to dye it.